Guardianships And Conservatorships

Guardianships And Conservatorships

A guardianship or conservatorship may be necessary when an individual is no longer competent to manage his or her own affairs. In such a case, the appropriate petition must be filed with the probate court seeking to have either a guardian or conservator appointed for the incapacitated person or respondent.  A guardian or conservator may also be appointed for a minor.

How Can An Attorney Help?

Our attorneys at Fedele and Murray, P.C., can assist with procedure to secure the appointment of a guardian or conservator, which is similar to that involved in probating a decedent’s estate. There are additional requirements, however, including the need to obtain a certificate from the ward’s attending physician attesting to the fact that the ward is not able to manage his or her own affairs.

Our attorneys can assist in the preparation of the necessary petitions and supporting documents to commence these types of proceedings as well as provide advice regarding the on-going administration of the guardianship or conservatorship.

Contact Our Firm

Our attorneys at Fedele and Murray, P.C., are here to help. For questions about guardianship and conservatorship, call our Norwood office at 781-551-5900 or send us an email.